Nathaniel Bassey Songs. Nathaniel Bassey and Frank Edwards are unarguably the top two Nigerian gospel music ministers.
Personally, I prefer Nathaniel Bassey to Frank Edwards but with the release of many soul-touching songs, Frank Edwards can certainly not be ignored.
Dear reader, are you interested in gospel music? Today we will be sharing interesting facts of these two gospel music icons as regards their biography and albums they have released over the years. Nathaniel Bassey Songs.
Biography of Nathaniel Bassey
Nathaniel Bassey hails from Ikot Ofon Ikono, Uyo local government area in Akwa-Ibom state of the South-South geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Nathaniel’s father, Mr E Joshua Bassey, was a minister in The Apostolic Church Bashua Assembly and with all these influences, he nurtured a love for both the gospel and music. Over twenty years ago, he became inspired when he attended a concert in which Dr Panam Percy Paul, a notable Nigerian gospel musician.
Around that same time, Nathaniel Bassey was approached by one of the most notable individuals in the Nigerian jazz and music circle, Elder Steve Rhodes to direct The Steve Rhodes Orchestra which is arguably the first Jazz Orchestra in the Nigeria. He later proceeded with his music career after serving a lead trumpet leader and a band leader for a period spanning two years.
As Nathaniel continued to acquaint himself with the Holy Spirit. He came to the realization that there was more to music than just entertainment but it was a principal tool in effecting the praise and worship of God. Within a short time a music ministry was birthed and Nathaniel’s main driving force was Worship.
Nathaniel graduated from the University of London with a degree in Politics and International Relations, He also serves director of music at the RCCG; The King’s Court. He sings, writes and produces music for himself and other group of musicians. He has garnered knowledge from attending music courses in and out of Nigeria including Middlesex University Summer School UK.
Nathaniel mixed and recorded his debut album (Elohim) in Cape Town, South Africa in 2008. The album whose hit track was “Someone’s knocking at the door” has been described as an artistic masterpiece.
Nathaniel’s debut album Elohim was recorded and mixed in Cape Town, South Africa in the year 2008. It has been described as a spiritual and Artistic masterpiece with the hit track “Someone’s knocking at the door” a soft-rock tune currently generating so much interest locally and internationally.
Nathaniel Bassey Songs
Nathaniel Bassey to date has three albums to his name:
- Revival Flames (2017) : This energetic 10-track album featured wonderful and soul touching songs like the highly acclaimed ‘Alagbada Ina’, ‘We need you now’ and song – ‘Abba Father’ which he has given out to be downloaded for free. Nathaniel Bassey Songs.
- Son of God (& Imela) (2014) : This album was suitably titled ‘Son of God’ seeks to boldly make known and exalt the gospel of Christ Jesus throughout the entire world – Inspired by Romans 1:16 (For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.) Never has there been anytime when darkness and trials has so much influenced the earth and JESUS is the answer to the questions being raised in the world today. In the midst of of all the chaos, JESUS is the light that never stops shining in darkness. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is not all we need, He is all we have.
- Someone’s at the Door (2010) : This album was released on the 24th of June in 2010 under Honestly Music Entertainment Label and it featured many other songs.
Frank Edwards Biography
Frank Edwards hails from Enugu state of south-eastern Nigeria.
He was born on July 22, 1990 and has a total of five siblings. His nickname is Frank the rich boy.
He is a naturally talented songwriter, musician and recording artist who has won numerous awards and is seen today as one of hottest music ministers of the gospel. Frank became a born-again christian during his teenage years. Nathaniel Bassey Songs.
Frank started his music career at the age of 10. He was first taught how to play a piano by his father. Till date, he has released many albums and major hit singles which has shot him to fame.
Frank worships with the Christ Embassy Church in Nigeria and Loveworld music ministry and owns Rocktown Records, a record label which is home to other major upcoming music acts.
Frank Edwards Albums
- The Definition (2008) : The Definition was Frank’s debut album which was released in 2008. The 14-track album was distributed by Honesty Music.
- Angels on the Runway (2010) : This album was released in 2010 and it included hit songs like ‘Olori’and ‘Mma Diringi’.
- Unlimited (2011) : This album was released in 2011 and it comprised many powerful songs like ‘Amam Ni No Ya’, ‘Let it Rain’, ‘This Love’, ‘Idi Ebube’ and ‘Can’t Stop Loving you ‘.
- Tagjam (2011) : Tagjam was released in November 2011 and it featured powerful gospel singles.
Nathaniel Bassey vs Frank Edwards: Albums, Biographies and Age